Featured Designer: Noho Designs
Aloha! Meet our next Featured Designer, Noho Designs! Noho Designs is full of Hawaiian inspired masterpieces created by Noho’s founder, Kamaile Puaoi! The immense amount of love that Kamaile has for her homeland of Hawaii, as well as her love for putting a smile on people’s faces, has resulted in a one-of-a-kind business that is undeniably extravagant. Bringing a piece of artwork from Noho designs into your home, will make you feel the relaxation of an island paradise all year around!
- Noho Designs – Hawaiian Vintage Chic Home Décor, Textiles & Upholstery.
- Company Mantra – “Create Visual Peace.”
Visual Peace = Peaceful Mind.
Peaceful Mind=Happy Life.
I create home décor and upholstery grade material based on my Hawaiian healing perspective to help infuse “mana – life energy” into people’s homes. I feel like if we can all create a space within our home where we can “ho’omana – re-charge our energy” with things that create visual peace for ourselves, then we will move into our communities with that sense of peace and belonging, paying that “mana” forward.
2. What is the history behind your business?
- I have been a Hawaiian Lomilomi (massage) practitioner for the past 13 years and moved into designing as a new venue of sharing what I have learned from all of my elders along my journey. Art is the next step of my spiritual evolution.
- Being an island girl, I am mainly inspired by the healing elements of the Ocean, along with sharing the many ways I appreciate Hawaii and how it has shaped my life’s story.
4. What is your favorite part about your business?
- Making people smile when they see my designs. Touching their hearts. 🙂
5. What is your favorite craft that you make for your business?
- My tea towels are near and dear to me, because I know that it is in the heart of people’s homes and they touch the aloha that I put into each towel every time it gets used. 🙂
6. Do you have any future plans for your business?
- I started out with tea towels as a way to help my business grow, but my ultimate goal is to make bolts of upholstery grade material that reflect the stories of my ancestors in a fun yet sophisticated way, so that they adorn old furniture that might normally get discarded.
7. What advice would you give to someone who is aspiring to get into the craft business?
- Go for it! Don’t think, just move from your na’au (gut) and go for it!
- I always say that if you move from a firm foundation and with an open heart you will never go wrong. 🙂
8. Any other additional information you would like to add?
- One of my art slogans “Be the Aloha you wish to see in the world” 🙂
Want to see more of these Hawaiian artistries? Check out Noho Designs on their other sites!