What Are Flour Sack Towels?
If you’re sick of cheesecloth, towels that streak glassware or are just wondering “what are flour sack towels used for?” let the textile experts at Cotton Creations explain! We think when you learn what flour sack towels are you’ll be excited to try them — and once you do, you’ll never go back to cheesecloth or plain jane towels again. Check out even more information about flour sack towels, and find out why you need these indispensable workhorses in your kitchen today!
What Is Flour Sack Fabric?
Flour sack fabric has a long and proud history as the original all-purpose — and eco-friendly — fabric. Back in the days of the horse and buggy, families purchased flour in 100-lb sacks. The sacks, made from finely-woven pure cotton, were strong, soft and durable. As such, the sacks were repurposed following a thorough wash and bleach into everything from towels and polishing cloths to bed linens and underwear! Today, flour sack fabric is still made from 100 percent cotton. Our flour sack towels are eco-friendly, and come in bleached and unbleached styles.
Are Your Towels Processed in the USA?
Many of our flour sack towels are processed right here in the USA! Cotton Creations was founded by textile designers who live in Chicago’s historic Lincoln Park neighborhood, so we appreciate supporting American jobs!
What Are Flour Sack Towels Used For?
Flour sack towels are incredibly versatile, durable and convenient. Because they’re lint-free and quick-drying, they’re great for polishing glassware, windows, knick knacks and dishes. They’re also free from toxic dyes, which make flour sack towels safe and effective at kitchen tasks such as straining, making cheese and proofing breads, drying fruits, poaching and more. Not only do professional chefs rely on flour sack towels for important kitchen tasks, but crafters also love them because they are prewashed and preshrunk. From embroidery to stamping to applique, flour sack towels are the crafter’s best friend!
How Big Are Flour Sack Towels, and Can I Buy Them in Bulk?
Flour sack towels come in a range of sizes and prices, and they are available in neutral shades and excellent yarn qualities. And, just like our other linens, you can buy flour sack towels in bulk to take advantage of wholesale pricing! Plus, unlike towels from other manufacturers, you can rest assured knowing our flour sacks are safe for everything from food preparation to refinishing your delicate woodwork.
How Can I Place a Custom Order Using the Design Station?
- First head to “Shop Products” and choose your desired product.
- Choose your fabric color and quantity, and then select “Customize.”
- In the Design Station you can use a variety of tools and effects to customize your product with text, images, etc. * Please note that do not print white ink. Any white areas of your design or its background will appear as the fabric color of your product. *
If you would like to upload your own artwork, choose “Upload Image.” Here you can upload a .jpeg or .png file up to 6MB in size. We recommend that you upload a file of at least 300 dpi resolution for optimal print quality. Select “Apply” to add your image to the product. When your image has been added, you will see stars to rate the quality of your image. More stars means a higher quality print.
- Once your image has been applied to your product, you can position and size your design within the allotted design region. The ruler on the design region is marked in inches, so you know how large your design will print. [If you want your design larger than the allotted design region, or placed in a different location, you will need to specify your desired size/placement in the “Request Quote” form (see FAQ on Custom Quote Request)].
- Once your design is complete, select “Proceed” and enter any final notes for our production team. You are now ready to “Add to Cart.”
- In your cart, you will select your shipping method and click “Proceed to Checkout.” Once you advance to checkout, you will not be able to edit your design, quantity or shipping method.
- During checkout will enter your billing information, confirm your shipping address and choose your payment method. Once you click “Place Order” you are all set! You will receive an order confirmation email with your order details after the order is placed.
How Can I Submit a Request For a Custom Quote?
- First browse “Shop Products” and choose your desired product.
- Choose your fabric color and quantity, and then select “Customize.”
- In the Design Station you can use a variety of tools and effects to customize your product with text, images, etc. ** Please note that do not print white ink. Any white areas of your design or its background will appear as the fabric color of your product. **
If you would like to upload your own artwork, choose “Upload Image.” Here you can upload a .jpeg or .png file up to 6MB in size. We recommend that you upload a file of at least 300 dpi resolution for optimal print quality. Select “Apply” to add your image to the product. When your image has been added, you will see stars to rate the quality of your image.
- Once your image has been applied to your product, you can position and size your design within the allotted design region. The ruler on the design region is marked in inches, so you know how large your design will print. Our printer has a maximum print capability of 12” wide x 14″ tall. If you would like to make your design larger than the product’s allotted design region, please provide your desired dimensions in the Notes section of your quote request.
- Once your design is complete, you can save your design for later, or move on to “Request Quote.”
- If you would like to save your design for another time, please select “Save Design” in the bottom left corner. To bring your saved design back up for editing or to proceed with an order, go to the Design Station. Choose the “Designs” tab along the top. Then find the “My Gallery” tab along the left sidebar. This will bring up your saved designs. Click on the design you would like to continue with. Now you can make further edits or changes to your design, or if you are satisfied you can select “Request Quote” or “Proceed” to place the order.
- When you are ready to select “Request Quote,” a form will appear where you must include a title and short description of your order, your billing and shipping information, and confirm design specifications like size and quantity.
- Once your quote request is submitted, you will receive a quote request confirmation via email that includes your quote request ID number. A Cotton Creations representative will contact you within one to two business days with your custom quote details.
- When our team members have created your quote, you will receive an email notification confirming the details of your quote and a link to review it. If you do not receive the email or if it goes to your email spam, you can also log in to your account at cottoncreations.com and view the quote in your account. When viewing the quote, you can either “Approve” or “Reject” the quote. A) If you accept the pricing and would like to submit the order, select “Approve.” This will display the Pay Now button. B) If you do not want to move forward with the order, you can “Reject” the quote. You will be asked to give a reason for the rejection.
- If you would like multiple designs quoted, please submit each design as a separate quote request. You can then “Approve” and add each quote into your shopping cart one at a time. Once you add your first design into the cart, then go to “My Account” and “Quotes” to add another. The quotes must be approved and put into the cart individually, but once they are all in the cart, you can check out on all your quotes at once and take advantage of free shipping if applicable!
How Can I Place an Exact Reorder?
- Click on My Account on the top right corner of the home page.
- Sign in to your Cotton Creations account.
- Click the “Orders” button. Here you will see your order history.
- Choose the order you would like to re-purchase (this can be a blank order or a custom order) and click “Re-Order.” This will add a duplicate of the chosen order to your cart. If you need to change the quantity for your reorder, you should submit a new quote request form (see FAQ on Custom Quote Request) or email us at email@example.com. This will ensure that you receive all the appropriate bulk discounts for your reorder!
- Finally, you must input your billing information and shipping address. Choose your desired shipping method and then click “Place Order” to submit payment. You will receive a confirmation email after the order is placed!
Explore Cotton Creations and find out why we are your destination for Quality, Interaction and Value!